The organization is membership based and is built on a firm history of volunteerism which is a commitment to selfless service to those in need of such services.
Hunger Fighters Uganda is a partner with various national and international networks of civil society organisation and community based initiatives working on programmes that have a direct or indirect bearing on addressing Hunger. Currently, HFU is implementing three Volunteer Driven Initiatives – Humanitarian Support in Western Uganda, the Edible City Project, Hunger and Learning, Research and Advocacy. HFU is seeking to strengthen its Human resource team in order to create, and maximize opportunities, and to extend operations to other areas that are in need of similar interventions.
This calls for applications from interested applicants who are self-motivated with passion to create positive change and are ready to serve under the Volunteer Service Agreement (VSA).
Applications (Including Copies of Certificates and CVS indicating at least 2 referees), should be hand delivered to Hunger Fighters Uganda offices along Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass, Next to Africa Oil Station. Letters of applications should be addressed to: The Head of Human Resources, Hunger Fighters Uganda, P.O Box, 28175, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for submission is 14th Sept. 2018 at 01:00pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. NB: For job details you can visit: www.hungerfightersuganda.org/new-job-opportunity
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men. Women therefore, are most encouraged to apply.
- POSITION: LOGISTICIAN (01)
Reports to the Head Finance and Administration
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and organizes logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of relief items and establishes proper warehousing and recording systems including assets;
- Establishes a detailed procurement programme plan to determine appropriate specifications of required items, according to established guidelines and procedures and in coordination with the procurement team.
- Liaises and keeps close contacts with implementing partners involved in programme implementation and assists them in all matters pertaining to logistics and procurement;
- Carries out regular trips to ensure that relief material forwarded to projects has been received and properly accounted for at their destinations and in case of loss or damage follow up with clearing agents;
- Improving on HFU strategic field-level coordination and prioritizing in specific sectors/areas of logistic response.
- Gather data on Logistics networks from the warehouse to all Food Distribution Points (FDPs) and liaise with the major players in all FDPs.
- Prepares monthly reports: Cooperating Partner Distribution Report (CPDR), Waybill Module, and Monthly Distribution Summary for In-kind and Cash assistance.
- To assess the HFU Logistics status and advise top management on Logistics response.
- To ensure that HFU develops a Logistics operational guideline and logistics response training.
- Establish a HFU monthly logistics bulletins, sent to all HFU FAMs, Field Coordinator, Head of Field operation, Finance and Top management.
- Devises methods of stock control, closely monitors warehousing food deliveries and returns to and from the FDP, and regularly submits situation reports on stocks, equipment and prepositioned goods;
- Normally supervises and coordinates the work of Logistics Officers professional and volunteer staff.
- Undertakes other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Position for Logistician should have a Minimum a minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian logistics management.
- Bachelor’s Degree of procurement and supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce or any other relevant field.
- Post Graduate and Professional qualification like CIPS is an added advantage at least level II
- Experience and knowledge of risk and security operations processes.
- Previous experience in supporting security operations efforts as directed
- Advanced skills in logistics data management.
Language: Fluency in English language.