Food and Nutrition security
Hunger Fighters operations are focused on two core areas – Hidden Hunger Response and Humanitarian Assistance. However we offer a variety of programs for charity in various districts and locations around Uganda.
This is further driven by the vision of ‘a hunger and malnutrition free Uganda.’ Our programme targets the vulnerable groups who include the mothers and children, the ill, refugees, displaced persons, the disaster affected communities among others. We offer special attention to hidden hunger that result from micro nutrient deficiencies. Thus we,
• Engage communities in deity diversification through vegetable production.
• Promote food security infrastructure using locally available resources.
• Promote the hidden hunger campaign as well as policy based advocacy.
• Engage communities in participatory plot and garden planning for diversified food production.
• Engage in advocacy on nutrition based policies.
• Food and Nutrition security research.